The Hub, a for-purpose coffee shop owned and operated by the Volunteer Center of Washington County, is growing, and we are looking for a part-time Lead Barista to add to our team! This job is ideal for someone who is passionate about the community, knows the tricks of the espresso trade (AKA has coffee shop experience), and has a can-do, think-on-your-feet attitude. Things work fast around here, and we need someone who can remain calm under pressure, while also engaging and interacting with both our customers and volunteer baristas with a friendly, positive demeanor.
Responsible for providing a positive customer experience and maintaining a
strong community-based environment. Displaying knowledge and expertise
while producing quality beverages and assisting in point of sale. Managing
volunteers and ensuring their experience is positive.
- Respect customers by providing quick, friendly and personal service.
- Develop a rapport with customers and volunteers by being
personable, contribute to the positive atmosphere
- Accurately process transactions through the POS and give correct
change to customers.
- Respond appropriately to customer concerns
- Maintain appropriate levels of personal hygiene and appearance while
adhering to the company dress code.
- Adhere to all company recipes and measurements.
- Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume and unusual
events to keep the store operating to standard.
- Work with coworkers and volunteers to maintain a positive work
- Communicate in a positive and respectful manner
- When no customer needs service, actively engage in cleaning,
organizing or fulfilling other on shift responsibilities
- Continuously review the store environment to identify and complete
tasks without being asked to do so
- Take ownership of processes and quality improvements.
- Contribute to a positive and healthy work environment, offering a kind
helping hand when working with our volunteers.
- Receive and Check inventory
- Availability to work within cafe hours (including weekends and
- Experienced Barista preferred
- Requires considerable standing, bending, kneeling and the ability to lift
and move items up to 25 pounds.
- High School Diploma
- Reliable transportation
Job Type: Part-Time 26-32 hours per week
"*" indicates required fields