Barista (Hub Ambassador)
The Volunteer Center of Washington County and The Hub - Social Good Brews is hiring! If you love great coffee and you’d like to be part of a community-driven organization that’s passionate about helping people, we want to meet you!
As a Hub Ambassador, you will be working with a team of fellow Ambassadors to guide our volunteer baristas throughout their shifts. This includes managing all aspects of café operations: store opening and closing, food production, inventory, volunteer training and customer service.
When you work at The Hub, you are supporting local nonprofits, as well as becoming part of a larger community. Your voice will be respectfully heard, and you can know the success in café operations contributes to Washington County nonprofits. This position offers competitive barista pay, occasional weekends, effective training, and flexible scheduling within reason.
Our organization is growing and this role could also lead to new opportunities in the future. We’d love to talk to you if you, especially if you are:
- Personable – If you are energized by helping others and have a knack for customer service, then this is the position for you!
- Altruistic – Our organization is driven through serving local nonprofits; it’s who we are. This position requires dedication; any job that needs to be done is worth doing.
- Self-Starter and Natural Leader – We’re looking for people with confidence to take initiative and problem solve in a fast-paced environment. The ability to make decisions, answer questions, listen to others, and work side-by-side with a crew of volunteer baristas is vital for this position. We’re a small group that makes a huge impact.
- Collaboration/teamwork – It takes a village! We’re looking for people with outstanding communication skills to work cooperatively on a dynamic team.
● Previous barista or hospitality experience preferred. However, we are willing to train the right candidate.
● Commitment of at least 10-15 hours per week. Talk to us if you’d prefer additional hours. We try to be as
flexible as possible with shifts that cover Tuesday-Sunday, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Weekend availability is required.
● Ability to learn and serve as a source of basic information about The Hub’s menu, volunteer opportunities that support The Hub, and the mission/programs of the Volunteer Center of Washington County.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Adhere to state and local food and health safety guidelines
● Perform additional tasks as requested by the Cafe manager and team; cash handling, cleaning, etc.
"*" indicates required fields